Infographic: CDC’s Fight Against Global Tuberculosis
CDC’s Fight Against Global Tuberculosis
2 billion people infected with TB (1/3 of world population)
- 9..6 million sick with active TB
- 480,000 new cases of multi-drug resistant TB (MDR TB)
- 1.5 million deaths
Preventable, treatable, curable
43 million lives saved (2000 – 2014)
Source: WHO, 2015
CDC is working with partners to identify new approaches to improve TB prevention and care worldwide.
- Developing new strategies to find and cure TB.
- Strengthening surveillance systems to identify and target hot spots.
- Transforming the World’s Approach to diagnosing TB among those with HIV.
- Informing the global roadmap to find, cure and prevent TB in children.
- Establishing best practices to end TB transmission in health facilities.
- Leading research to improve treatment for drug-resistant TB.
Division of Global HIV & TB www.cdc.gov/globalhivtb