Reaching Every Child: The Details
What we do:
- Design and conduct research that provides evidence on strategies to improve routine immunization services.
- Provide evidence regarding the role of immunizations within broader health systems.
- Strengthen routine immunization programs through evidence-based recommendations and capacity-building initiatives.
- Help design and evaluate strategies to strengthen disease surveillance systems, improve vaccination coverage, improve data quality, and ultimately reduce the occurrence of vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs).
- Strengthen capacity at the district, state, regional, and country levels to plan, implement, and evaluate immunization programs.
- Help evaluate projects that integrate non-vaccine interventions (such as insecticide-treated bed nets, improving water safety, and hygiene practices) with routine immunization programs.
- Synergize routine immunization systems with disease elimination and eradication activities, such as the Global Polio Eradication Initiativeexternal icon and the Measles & Rubella Initiativeexternal icon.
- Develop and evaluate strategies to reach unvaccinated and under-vaccinated populations.
- General immunization information
- Guidelines & Documents
Page last reviewed: January 27, 2014
Content source: Global Immunization