Resources & Publications
These shareable resources showcase the depth and diversity of the Global Disease Detection program as we work with countries to build capacity to find and stop outbreaks around the world.
Helpful Links and Additional Resources
Global Health Security
- Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 306 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 188 countries, 1990–2013: quantifying the epidemiological transition.
- All Centers conduct surveillance as part of the GDD program. Decisions for what gets tracked is based on country priorities, established programs in place, and available resources. Centers work with host countries to employ a variety of surveillance methods, including Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response.
- WHO estimates of the global burden of foodborne diseases
- Foodborne Disease Online Tool
- Traveler’s Health, Food and Water Safety
- PulseNet International
- Global Foodborne Infections Network
- International Collaboration on Enteric Disease ‘Burden of Illness’ Studies
- Food Safety: A changing landscape in a global world
- When Food Bites Back: Think locally, act globally
- Global Networks Make Food Safer