To provide administrative and financial oversight of all cooperative agreements managed by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, (PEPFAR) CDC South Africa (SA). Promote effective and coordinated implementation, monitoring and overall management of CDC-SA funded activities carried out by implementing partners while performing within programmatic and administrative requirements.
Strategic Priorities for 2015
- Streamline reporting requirement submission.
- Develop standardized tools across all CDC-SA Branches.
- Provide direct provision and/or oversight of technical assistance.
- Strengthen monitoring of partners, which includes assessment of partners technical assistance needs.
- Support branches with administrative and/or financial oversight of their partners.
- Conduct SIMS visit.
- Coordinate and manage the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) process.
- On-going training to partners and CDC staff.
- Monitor progress that partners make in their programs through document reviews and site visits.
- Explain/clarify PEPFAR and HHS policy and program requirements.
- Ensure that partners comply with all programmatic, financial and agency requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to address areas of improvement or deficiencies.
- Promote effective and coordinated implementation, monitoring and overall management of CDC-SA funded activities carried out by implementing partners.
- Provide training for Partners and CDC staff.
- Conduct Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS) visits with respective branches.
- Coordinate the FOA process.
Areas of Expertise
- Cooperative Agreement Management.
- Responsible for completing activities that lead to the awarding of grants, including the development of application guidance/funding opportunity announcements, and application reviews.
- Conduct pre and post-award assessment of partners.
- Review partners budget review for compliance.
- Track and review partner reporting requirements submission, Notice of Grant Award, Technical Assistance.