Resources for Healthcare Professionals
Permission is not needed to print, copy, or distribute any of these CDC materials. All materials are provided in low-resolution for office printers. If you want high-resolution formats of the patient education materials for commercial printing or are interested in customizing the materials, please e-mail email@example.com. You can also order small quantities of select materials for free or purchase large quantities.
Learn more about appropriate antibiotic use in outpatient settings. CDC’s Appropriate Antibiotic Use Effort offers a variety of materials to promote appropriate antibiotic prescribing and use in the outpatient setting.
- Continuing Education and Medical Student Curriculum
- Print Materials for Patients
- Measuring Outpatient Antibiotic Prescribing
Learn more about appropriate antibiotic use in inpatient healthcare facilities.
- Checklist for Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
- Clinician Guide for Collecting Cultures
- Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
- Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship for Nursing Homes
- Healthcare-associated Infections Resources
- Stewardship Program Examples
CDC’s antibiotic use on the farm effort promotes appropriate use of antibiotics in animals. In this capacity, CDC serves as a liaison among the public health community, veterinarians, and food animal producers, and builds relationships between CDC and the animal agriculture industry within the United States.
- Antibiotic Use in Food-producing Animals Overview
- FAQs about Antibiotic Resistance and Food Safety
- Antimicrobial Resistance Learning Site (for veterinarians)
- Page last reviewed: November 13, 2015
- Page last updated: May 24, 2017
- Content source: