Prescription Adherence Tool
You have just filled a prescription for an antibiotic…
READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Take it exactly as your healthcare professional tells you
- Do not skip doses
- Do not share it with others
- Do not save it for later and talk to your pharmacist about safely discarding leftover medicines
Why is this checklist so important?
All medicines have good and bad side effects. Antibiotics can make future bacterial infections stronger and harder to treat. You can protect yourself and others by learning when antibiotics are and are not needed.
Take antibiotics the right way.
For more information call 1-800-CDC-INFO or visit www.cdc.gov/getsmart/community/
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page last reviewed: April 17, 2015
- Page last updated: March 13, 2017
- Content source: