4th National Conference on Genomics and Public Health
The 4th National Conference on Genomics and Public Health: Using Genomic Information to Improve Health Now and in the Future is a 3-day event that will highlight best practices in public health genomics today while preparing for the future.
The agenda will feature keynote presentations by leaders in the fields of genomics and public health, interactive plenary and break-out sessions, and scientific poster exhibits on genomics research and public health practice. Networking events are also planned for the evenings.
We welcome all who are interested to join us for this educational and networking conference.
Date: Wednesday, December 8 – Friday, December 10, 2010
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Goals: The goals of this event are to bring together multi-disciplinary professionals from national, state and global organizations to—
- Learn more about the use of genetics and genomics for improving public health interventions to prevent and control chronic, pediatric, infectious, environmental, and occupational diseases, and provide quality genetic services across a lifespan.
- Understand the landscape of genomic applications as they are being used now and best practices to follow.
- Learn about new scientific technologies and methods that can be implemented now or in the near future.
- Understand the implications of the globalization of public health and genomics.
- Determine the best steps to take in forging the direction of our work in the next 5 to 10 years.
|Federal Co-organizers:||Non-Federal Co-organizers:|
|Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Health Resources and Services Administration
National Human Genome Research Institute
National Cancer Institute
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research
Office of Rare Diseases
United States Department of Health and Human Services
|American College of Medical Genetics
American Public Health Association, Genomics Forum
Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
National Society of Genetic Counselors