References of the 1997 Genomics Strategic Plan
Archived: This Page Is No Longer Being Updated
This web page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Regulations for implementing clinical laboratory improvement amendments of 1988: A summary. MMWR 1992;41:RR-2;1-17.
- Dean M, Carrington M, Winkler C, et al. Genetic restriction of HIV-1 infection and progression to AIDS by a deletion allele of the CRK5 structural gene. Science 1996;273:1856-61.
- Feder JN, Gnirke A, Thomas W, et al. A novel MHC class I-like gene is mutated in patients with hereditary hemochromatosis. Nat Genet 1996;13:399-408.
- Garver KL, Garver B. The Human Genome Project and eugenic concerns. Am J Hum Genet 1994;54:148-58.
- Guyer MS, Collins FS. How is the Human Genome Project doing and what have we learned so far? Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1995;92:10841-8.
- Hoffman EP. The evolving genome project: Current and future impact. Am J Hum Genet 1994;54:129-36.
- Hubbard R, Lewontin RC. Pitfalls of genetic testing. N Engl J Med 1996;334:1192-4.
- Institute of Medicine. The future of public health. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1988.
- Juengst ET. “Prevention” and the goals of genetic medicine. Hum Gene Ther 1995;6:1595-605.
- Khoury MJ, Beaty TH, Cohen BH. Fundamentals of genetic epidemiology. New York: Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Khoury MJ, Genetics Working Group. From genes to public health: applications of genetics in disease prevention. Am J Public Health 1996;86:1717-22.
- Miki Y, Swensen J, Shattuck-Eidens D, et al. A strong candidate for the breast and ovarian cancer susceptibility gene BRCA1. Science 1994;266:66-76.
- Omenn GS. Genetics and public health. Am J Public Health 1996;86:1701-4.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man™, Baltimore, MD: Center for Medical Genetics, Johns Hopkins University, and Bethesda, MD: National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, 1997 [database].
- Satcher D. CDC’s first 50 years: lessons learned and relearned. Am J Public Health 1996;86:1705-8.
- Watson JD. The Human Genome Project: Past, present, and future. Science 1990;248:44-9.
- Whelan WJ. Genetics, ethics, and human values. FASEB J 1995;9:699-700.
View Page In:pdf icon
Page last reviewed: October 2, 2017