H3N2v Information for Health Care Providers
The pages below provide background information and guidance for clinicians regarding the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and reporting of human infections with H3N2v virus.
- MMWR, September 27, 2012: Influenza A (H3N2) Variant Virus-Related Hospitalizations – Ohio, 2012. MMWR 2012; 61(38);764-767.
- Balish A, Garten R, Klimov A, Villanueva J. Analytical detection of influenza A(H3N2)v and other A variant viruses from the USA by rapid influenza diagnostic tests.External Influenza Other Respi Viruses. 2012 Sep 18. doi: 10.1111/irv.12017. [Epub ahead of print]
- Interim Information for Clinicians about Human Infections with H3N2v Virus
- Prevention Strategies for Seasonal and Influenza A (H3N2)v in Health Care Settings
- Evaluation of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests for Influenza A (H3N2)v Virus and Updated Case Count — United States, 2012. MMWR 2012; 61(32); 619-621.