The Benefits of Flu Vaccination 2015-2016 Infographic
- Printer file (8.5″ x 11″) [5.4 MB, 1 page]
- Read text equivalent
- Learn more about the benefits of flu vaccination
- CDC: Flu Vaccine Protected Millions Last Season; Vaccine Coverage Remains Low
The Benefits of Flu Vaccination 2015 – 2016 (Text Version)
The estimated number of flu illnesses prevented by flu vaccination during the 2015-2016 season: 5 million, as many people use Denver International Airport in one month.
[Illustration of people outside the Denver airport with an airplane taking off into the sky.]
The estimated number of flu medical visits prevented by vaccination during the 2015-2016 season: 2.5 million, equal to the population of Portland, Oregon.
[Illustration of the word “Portland,” surrounded by a mountain, fish, bridge, and bicycles.]
The estimated number of flu hospitalizations prevented by vaccination during the 2015-2016 season: 71,000, enough to fill every registered hospital bed in the state of Texas.
[Illustration of a hospital and hospital beds in the foreground.]
DATA: Influenza Division program impact report 2015-2016, https://ww.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/2015-16.htm
- Page last reviewed: December 9, 2016
- Page last updated: February 15, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs