CDC Flu Blog-a-thon 2017
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
During the second week of November (6-11), CDC is hosting a seasonal flu blog-a-thon. Blog-a-thon post will focus on encouraging health providers to make a strong flu vaccine recommendation as well as encouraging everyone 6 months and older to get a flu vaccine if they have not already. Check out the participating post below.
- Public Health Matters: Everyone can be a flu vaccine advocate
- Health and Human Services Blog: Healthcare Providers – A Strong Vaccination Recommendation can be a Game-Changer this Flu SeasonExternal
- USA.gov: Hot to Fight Flu This SeasonExternal
- NFID News: Do You Know These 10 Important Facts About Flu Prevention?External
- American Hospital Association: United Against FluExternal
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: When you have the flu, it isn’t just about you
- NACCHO Big Cities Health Coalition: Fighting Flu in Big Cities: Lots of Germs in that Big Petri DishExternal
- NIOSH Science Blog: Flu Virus Generated in Coughs and Exhalations
- Seattle Mama Doc: Online Interventions Improve Vaccination RatesExternal
- Shot of Prevention: Take it From This Mom, the Flu is No JokeExternal
- Childcare Aware: Flu Season is Here: Take Precautions to Keep You and Your Loved Ones Healthy External
- HealthyChildren.org: What’s the Latest With the Flu? A Message for Caregivers & Teachers External
- March of Dimes: It’s time to get your flu shotExternal
- WebMD: Not Planning to Get the Flu Shot? Here’s Why You ShouldExternal
- VeryWell/About.com: Visiting Family With a Chronic Illness During Cold & Flu Season
- Huffington Post Dr. Melvin Sanicas: 8 Great Reasons Why You Need To Get The Flu VaccineExternal
- Immunize Nevada: An Open Letter to Busy Parents: Here’s a Reason to Make Time for Flu ShotsExternal
- Washington State Department of Health: Knock out flu with one shotExternal
- Mass Public Health Blog: Protect Your Family and Yourself Against FluExternal
- Doc4kidz.com : 10 Reasons Not To Get the Flu Vaccine Reconsidered: Fight Flu!External
- FastMed Urgent Care: Be Flu-less, Not Clueless External
- Dr. Jamie Friedman: FAQ–The Flu Shot IssueExternal
- MedExpress Urgent Care: Debunking Flu Myths in the WorkplaceExternal
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan: Fact or Fiction: Flu ShotsExternal
Have you own post to share?
To participate in the blog-a-thon, write your own post on the importance of flu vaccination and the role health care providers play in ensuring their patients are protected from flu. Copy the blog-a-thon badge to include with your post, and share your blog link on social media (be sure to tag @CDCFlu). For a chance to be featured on CDC’s blog-a-thon recap list, send your post to FluInbox@cdc.gov.