CDC Flu Blog-a-thon 2017
During the second week of November (6-11), CDC is hosting a seasonal flu blog-a-thon. Blog-a-thon post will focus on encouraging health providers to make a strong flu vaccine recommendation as well as encouraging everyone 6 months and older to get a flu vaccine if they have not already. Check out the participating post below.
- Public Health Matters: Everyone can be a flu vaccine advocate
- Health and Human Services Blog: Healthcare Providers – A Strong Vaccination Recommendation can be a Game-Changer this Flu Season
- USA.gov: Hot to Fight Flu This Season
- NFID News: Do You Know These 10 Important Facts About Flu Prevention?
- American Hospital Association: United Against Flu
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: When you have the flu, it isn’t just about you
- NACCHO Big Cities Health Coalition: Fighting Flu in Big Cities: Lots of Germs in that Big Petri Dish
- NIOSH Science Blog: Flu Virus Generated in Coughs and Exhalations
- Seattle Mama Doc: Online Interventions Improve Vaccination Rates
- Shot of Prevention: Take it From This Mom, the Flu is No Joke
- Childcare Aware: Flu Season is Here: Take Precautions to Keep You and Your Loved Ones Healthy
- HealthyChildren.org: What’s the Latest With the Flu? A Message for Caregivers & Teachers
- March of Dimes: It’s time to get your flu shot
- WebMD: Not Planning to Get the Flu Shot? Here’s Why You Should
- VeryWell/About.com: Visiting Family With a Chronic Illness During Cold & Flu Season
- Huffington Post Dr. Melvin Sanicas: 8 Great Reasons Why You Need To Get The Flu Vaccine
- Immunize Nevada: An Open Letter to Busy Parents: Here’s a Reason to Make Time for Flu Shots
- Washington State Department of Health: Knock out flu with one shot
- Mass Public Health Blog: Protect Your Family and Yourself Against Flu
- Doc4kidz.com : 10 Reasons Not To Get the Flu Vaccine Reconsidered: Fight Flu!
- FastMed Urgent Care: Be Flu-less, Not Clueless
- Dr. Jamie Friedman: FAQ–The Flu Shot Issue
- MedExpress Urgent Care: Debunking Flu Myths in the Workplace
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan: Fact or Fiction: Flu Shots
Have you own post to share?
To participate in the blog-a-thon, write your own post on the importance of flu vaccination and the role health care providers play in ensuring their patients are protected from flu. Copy the blog-a-thon badge to include with your post, and share your blog link on social media (be sure to tag @CDCFlu). For a chance to be featured on CDC’s blog-a-thon recap list, send your post to FluInbox@cdc.gov.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2017
- Page last updated: November 13, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs