Walgreens provides flu vaccines at largest polling location in Cape May County
Walgreens Pharmacy collaborated with the Vote and Vax organization in Wildwood New Jersey on Election Day to offer influenza vaccinations to voters in the community of Cape May County. Vote and Vax is committed to protecting Americans from the flu and has helped provide thousands of flu vaccinations to at-risk Americans. This collaboration helped deliver flu vaccines to a large patient base in the community, many of whom previously never received a flu vaccination. The flu shot is the best protection you can get against influenza. That’s why each year the CDC recommends a flu shot for everyone over the age of 6 months.
On Election Day, Walgreens-trained pharmacists from Rio Grande, Wildwood and Millville were onsite and able to provide a variety of influenza vaccines, including high dose and quadrivalent vaccines.
Walgreens-trained healthcare providers, administered over eighty vaccinations to the local community, which consisted of Influenza and pneumococcal vaccines which also helped support the Walgreens Get a Shot, Give a Shot campaign. For every vaccine (all vaccines, not just flu) administered at a Walgreens pharmacy, Walgreens will donate the value of a life-saving vaccine to a child in need in a developing country – through our partnership with the UN Foundation and its Shot@Life campaign.
Submit Your Success Story!
Submit the following information to email@example.com to have your success story featured here!
- Write a 250 word (maximum) description of your success story including name of organization, any collaborating organizations, when the event took place (either last flu season or this flu season only), and any evaluation taken from the activity.
- Include a minimum of (1-2) pictures of the event. Acceptable file formats include JPG, GIF, and PNG. Preferred size at least 500 by 300 pixels (or larger).
- Include contact information in case CDC follow up is needed. Please let us know if we can share your contact information within your success story in case other organizations would like to partner with you for future events.
- Page last reviewed: December 13, 2016
- Page last updated: December 13, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs