The Kid’s Doctor and CDC Talk #FluFreeKids on Twitter
On March 7, 2016, CDC teamed up with The Kid’s Doctor, one of CDC’s partners in flu prevention, to host a Twitter Chat about the importance of flu vaccination for children of all ages. The #FluFreeKids chat was moderated by CDC Flu Expert Becky Schicker and Dr. Sue Hubbard, pediatrician and spokesperson for The Kid’s Doctor. Leveraging the #FluFreeKids hashtag, the social conversation focused on several key topics, including flu vaccinations, children at high risk for flu complications, antivirals, preventive actions, and additional flu resources.
More than 37.8 impressions were garnered on the day of the #FluFreeKids Twitter Chat. Additional highlights from day-of results included:
- The #FluFreeKids hashtag was featured in 929 tweets and received 1,304 total engagements, including 768 retweets and 536 “Favorites.”
- An @CDCFlu tweet noting the effectiveness of the 2015-2016 season’s flu vaccine was the most retweeted piece of content with 49 shares.
- In addition to The Kid’s Doctor, 10 other current partners engaged during the Twitter chat, including: @ahahospitals, @MendedHearts, @Shot of Prevention, @NFID, @MelodyButler, @schoolnurses, @AmerAcadPeds, @mnhealth, @NACCHOalerts, and @famfightflu.
Thanks to The Kid’s Doctor’s for their support of the Twitter Chat and their efforts around flu prevention.
Submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your success story featured here!
- Write a 250 word (maximum) description of your success story including name of organization, any collaborating organizations, when the event took place (either last flu season or this flu season only), and any evaluation taken from the activity.
- Include a minimum of (1-2) pictures of the event. Acceptable file formats include JPG, GIF, and PNG. Preferred size at least 500 by 300 pixels (or larger).
- Include contact information in case CDC follow up is needed. Please let us know if we can share your contact information within your success story in case other organizations would like to partner with you for future events.