Pandemic Flu Preparedness Tools
Preparedness Tools for Professionals
Resources to help hospital administrators and state and local health officials prepare for the next influenza pandemic.
- Software: CommunityFlu 2.0
Designed to enable public health officials, policy makers, and students of infectious diseases to examine the spread of influenza pandemic through a community.
- Software: FluAid 2.0
Designed to help state and local public health officials plan, prepare, and practice for the next flu pandemic.
- Software: FluSurge 2.0
Spreadsheet-based model that provides hospital administrators and public health officials with estimates of the surge in demand for hospital-based services during the next flu pandemic.
- FluLabSurge 1.0
A spreadsheet-based program designed to assist laboratory directors forecast demand for specimen testing during the next influenza pandemic (i.e., the surge in demand), and develop response plans.
- Software: FluWorkLoss 1.0
Estimates the potential number of days lost from work due to an influenza pandemic.
- Instructions to Estimate the Potential Impact of the Next Influenza Pandemic Upon Locale Y Using 1918 and 1968 Pandemic Scenarios [467 KB, 42 pages]
Includes basic instructions for the software programs FluAid and FluSurge as well as a template of a draft report.
- Page last reviewed: August 22, 2016
- Page last updated: June 21, 2012
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs