FAQ: Other Influenza Viruses
Swine Flu/Variant Flu
- What is swine flu?
- How does swine flu spread among pigs?
- What is a variant influenza virus?
- What is H3N2v?
- How can a person catch a flu virus from a pig?
- How do people get infected with bird flu viruses?
- What is H7N9?
- Why does CDC conduct research on bird flu viruses?
- What is “dual use research of concern (DURC)”?
- What is “gain of function (GOF)” bird flu research?
Other Flu Viruses
- What is bat influenza (flu)?
- What is canine influenza (dog flu)?
Related Questions & Answers
- Page last reviewed: October 23, 2014
- Page last updated: October 23, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs