FAQ: The Flu Season
- What is seasonal influenza (flu)?
- How does CDC monitor the progress of the flu season?
- Can I get vaccinated and still get the flu?
- Are there new recommendations for the 2016-2017 influenza season?
- Will this season’s vaccine be a good match for circulating viruses?
- How much influenza vaccine is projected to be available for the 2016-2017 influenza season?
Related Questions & Answers
- What You Should Know for the 2017-2018 Influenza Season
- Seasonal Influenza, More Information
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Supply for the U.S. 2017-2018 Influenza Season
- Seasonal Influenza-Associated Hospitalizations in the United States
- Estimating Seasonal Influenza-Associated Deaths in the United States: CDC Study Confirms Variability of Flu
- Past Flu Seasons
- Page last reviewed: August 5, 2016
- Page last updated: August 5, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs