Bird Flu Current Situation Summary
Updated June 24, 2022
- May 05. 2022 UPDATE: U.S. Case of Human Avian Influenza A(H5N1) Virus Reported
- Apr 28. 2022 U.S. Case of Human Avian Influenza A(H5) Virus Reported
- Mar 07. 2022 March 7, 2022 Update: H5N1 Bird Flu Poses Low Risk to the Public
- Feb 22. 2022 Updated: H5N1 Bird Flu Virus in U.S. Wild Birds and Poultry Poses a Low Risk to the Public
This webpage will be updated at 2 PM EST Monday through Friday to reflect any new data posted in the previous 24 hours.
Protective Actions for People
- If you have contact with infected birds and become sickLearn what to do if you have contact with infected birds and become sick. Learn more.
Page last reviewed: June 24, 2022