Influenza-Related Questions & Answers by Topic
- What is seasonal influenza (flu)?
- How does CDC monitor the progress of the flu season?
- Can I get vaccinated and still get the flu?
- Are there new recommendations for the 2019-2020 influenza season?
- Will this season’s vaccine be a good match for circulating viruses?
- How much influenza vaccine is projected to be available for the 2019-2020 influenza season?
- What are the benefits of flu vaccination?
- Can the flu vaccine give me the flu?
- What kinds of flu vaccines are available?
- Who should get vaccinated this season?
- Who should not be vaccinated against seasonal flu?
- Why should I get my child vaccinated?
- When should I get vaccinated?
- Where can I get a flu vaccine?
- How effective is the flu vaccine?
- Does the flu vaccine work the same for everyone?
- Besides vaccination, how can people protect themselves against the flu?
- Are any of the available flu vaccines recommended over the others?
- What is Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine [LAIV] (The Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine)?
- What is quadrivalent vaccine?
- Why is a higher dose flu vaccine available for adults 65 and older?
- What are cell-based flu vaccines?
- What are recombinant flu vaccines?
- What is a jet injector and how is it used for vaccination?
- What are flu vaccines with adjuvant?
- Are seasonal flu vaccines safe?
- Do flu vaccines cause any side effects?
- Is it safe for pregnant women to get a seasonal flu shot?
- Is there an increased risk for febrile seizures after a child receives a flu shot?
- What is being done to improve flu vaccines?
- What is CDC currently doing to support the development of a universal flu vaccine?
- What should I do if I get sick?
- How do I know if I have the flu?
- What are the emergency warning signs of flu sickness?
- What is the difference between a cold and the flu?
- What are antiviral drugs?
- What are the benefits of antiviral drugs?
- What is antiviral resistance?
- Do other respiratory viruses circulate during the flu season?
- What is Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)?
- Should people with HIV/AIDS receive the inactivated influenza vaccine (flu shot)?
- Should cancer patients and survivors get a flu shot?
Swine Flu/Variant Flu
- What is swine flu?
- How does swine flu spread among pigs?
- What is a variant influenza virus?
- What is H3N2v?
- How can a person catch a flu virus from a pig?
- How do people get infected with bird flu viruses?
- What is H7N9?
- Why does CDC conduct research on bird flu viruses?
- What is “dual use research of concern (DURC)”?
- What is “gain of function (GOF)” bird flu research?
Other Flu Viruses