Essentials for Parenting
Parenting is hard work! CDC’s Essentials for Parenting is a free, online resource which helps parents of toddlers and preschoolers handle common behavior challenges.
Essentials for Parenting explains key strategies which help in building positive, healthy relationships between parents and children such as:
- positive communication,
- clear directions, and
- consistent structure.
- quick tips,
- FAQs, and
- a virtual practice space where parents can try new skills. (Only available in English.)
We know that all children and parents are unique. This resource is designed to help parents make the best decisions that work for their child and family.
Users can increase their parenting confidence by visiting Essentials for Parenting today!
Get going faster with these Essentials for Parenting topics:
- Page last reviewed: July 2, 2018
- Page last updated: July 2, 2018
- Content source:
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Division of Violence Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs