Arthritis Help for Veterans
Arthritis Among Veterans
- 1 in 3 veterans have arthritis compared with 1 in 4 adults in the U.S. overall.
- Arthritis is more common in older veterans.
- Veterans can develop arthritis due to overuse and traumatic injuries during their service.
- Physical activity is a non-drug way to reduce arthritis pain.
Learn about managing arthritis at CDC’s Arthritis Website.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2017
- Page last updated: November 9, 2017
- Content source:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Population Health
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs