Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
New Estimated of Americans with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Show Racial and Ethnic Disparities
Number of Americans with Alzheimer’s Disease Expected to Increase
- Percentage of adults aged 65 and older with Alzheimer’s Disease by race and ethnicity.
- African American: 14%
- Hispanics: 12%
- Non-Hispanic Whites: 10%
- Alzheimer’s Disease projected to nearly triple by 2060.
- 5 million in 2014
- 14 million by 2060 *
For more information, visit CDC’s Alzheimer’s Disease and Healthy Aging website.
* Census Population Projections Program, 2014-2060
- Page last reviewed: October 9, 2018
- Page last updated: October 9, 2018
- Content source:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Population Health
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs