Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Travel Safely
If you plan to travel, make sure to be proactive, prepared, and protected. Take a few minutes to learn what you can do for a safe and healthy trip:
- Are vaccinations required? If so, call your health provider to schedule an appointment.
- Do you have enough medicine? If not, call your pharmacy to refill your prescriptions.
- Do you have a travelers’ kit prepared? If not, make one. Include sunscreen, insect repellent, medicine, and basic first-aid items.
- Are you traveling pregnant? If so, find out what extra precautions you will need to take.
- Are you traveling overseas with children? Know health risks and how to avoid them.
- Are you going on a cruise? If so, check the inspection scores for specific ships before you book.
- Are you driving while abroad? Lower your risk of being injured in a car crash while you’re on vacation.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: June 2, 2015
- Page last updated: June 2, 2015
- Content source: