Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Take a Break
Taking five-minute breaks--whether you sit at a desk, do heavy construction work, or anything in between--can have several benefits. Below are examples of some activities you can do in five minutes or less for rest breaks.
- Take several short breaks throughout the day (about every hour). Make sure they include some movement.
- Take a short walk away from your workstation.
- Stand up and stretch or walk in place at your desk without looking at your computer monitor.
- Get out of your chair whenever you take phone calls at your desk.
- Change positions at your workstation.
- Have a drink of water or a light snack.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2015
- Page last updated: April 1, 2015
- Content source: