Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Summer-Savvy
Summer brings a lot of fun and a lot of health and safety challenges. Take a few minutes to be safe and healthy.
- Use U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets on the water.
- Put on sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat to protect your skin from the sun.
- Drink plenty of water even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Put on insect repellent.
- Wash your hands often.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Travel Safely
- Be Summer-Savvy
- Protect Your Kids
- Make Your Home Safer
- Leave Fireworks to Professionals
Page last reviewed: December 23, 2015
Content source: CDC Office of Women's Health