Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Schedule a Check-Up
Monday, May 11 is National Women’s Check-Up Day and this week is National Women’s Health Week. The day is dedicated to encourage women to visit their health care professionals to receive or schedule check-ups. National Women’s Health Week encourages women to take simple steps to live a healthier life.
- Make an appointment with your health provider for a check-up, vaccination, or test. Schedule at least one health screening during May 2015.
- Write down a list of questions to ask your health provider about your health. Take it with you to your appointment, and write down the answers.
- Tell your health provider if you have noticed any changes in your body, lifestyle, habits, or work that may require changes in medicines, screenings, and health routines.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2015
- Page last updated: April 1, 2015
- Content source: