Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Schedule a Check-Up
Monday, May 11 is National Women’s Check-Up Day and this week is National Women’s Health Week. The day is dedicated to encourage women to visit their health care professionals to receive or schedule check-ups. National Women’s Health Week encourages women to take simple steps to live a healthier life.
- Make an appointment with your health provider for a check-up, vaccination, or test. Schedule at least one health screening during May 2015.
- Write down a list of questions to ask your health provider about your health. Take it with you to your appointment, and write down the answers.
- Tell your health provider if you have noticed any changes in your body, lifestyle, habits, or work that may require changes in medicines, screenings, and health routines.
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Travel Safely
- Be Summer-Savvy
- Protect Your Kids
- Make Your Home Safer
- Leave Fireworks to Professionals