Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Protect Your Skin
Take a few minutes to protect your skin and help prevent diseases.
- Put on sunscreen with sun protective factor (SPF) 15 or higher and with both ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B (UVA and UVB) protection. Reapply sunscreen after swimming and excessive sweating.
- Seek shade and consider wearing a wide-brimmed hat.
- Cover up with clothing and sunglasses.
- Avoid using tanning beds and sunlamps.
- Put on insect repellent with DEET or Picaridin to protect from mosquito and tick bites.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2015
- Page last updated: April 1, 2015
- Content source: