Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Have a Healthy Holiday
Take a few minutes to give the gift of health and safety to yourself and others this holiday season.
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds.
- Bundle up for warmth.
- Get a flu shot if you haven’t gotten one already. The best way to protect against influenza is to get a flu vaccine every flu season.
- Eat a light, healthy snack before you go to parties to help curb your hunger and decrease your visits to the buffet table.
- Watch your children. Develop and enforce rules about acceptable and safe behavior for using electronic media.
- Fasten seat belts. Always use them, no matter how short the trip.
- Don’t drink and drive, and don’t let others drink and drive.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: December 15, 2014
- Page last updated: December 15, 2014
- Content source: