Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Know Gynecologic Cancer Signs
Gynecologic cancer is any cancer that starts in a woman’s reproductive organs. The five main types of gynecologic cancer are cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar. When gynecologic cancers are found early, treatment is most effective. Take a few minutes to learn more about gynecologic cancer.
- Visit the gynecologic cancer website at www.cdc.gov/cancer/gynecologic to learn about the warning signs and symptoms of gynecologic cancer. Each gynecologic cancer is unique, with different signs and symptoms.
- If you think you have any warning signs or symptoms, talk to your doctor or nurse right away.
- Pay attention to your body. Know what is normal for you.
- Schedule a Pap test to screen for cervical cancer.
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Travel Safely
- Be Summer-Savvy
- Protect Your Kids
- Make Your Home Safer
- Leave Fireworks to Professionals