Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Prepared
Take actions to be prepared for disasters of all sorts. If disaster strikes your community, you might not have access to food, water, or electricity for some time. By taking time now to prepare emergency water supplies, food supplies and a disaster supplies kit, you can provide for your entire family. And don’t forget to take your pets and service animals into account! Take a few minutes to answer these questions:
- Do you have an emergency supply kit that includes water, food, medicines, and first aid items for all members of your family, including pets?
- Do you have an emergency plan, and do you practice it with your family regularly?
- Do you know where to find the most up-to-date information about emergency conditions in your area?
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Travel Safely
- Be Summer-Savvy
- Protect Your Kids
- Make Your Home Safer
- Leave Fireworks to Professionals