Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Active
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. People who are physically active live longer and have a lower risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression, and some cancers. Take a few minutes to figure out how to add physical activity to your life. Find something you enjoy, such as jogging or running, dancing, or playing sports.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park farther away and walk.
- Walk the dog.
- Take family walks or play active games together.
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Travel Safely
- Be Summer-Savvy
- Protect Your Kids
- Make Your Home Safer
- Leave Fireworks to Professionals