Download Outbreak Simulation Case Study
These Epidemiologic Case Studies are based on historical events and include epidemiologic methods that were practiced at the time. Given the historical nature of this content, the methods that are referenced in this site may be outdated practices in some settings. As some of the practices are still used, they continue to offer educational value.
The Pharyngitis in Louisiana case study requires just over 5 MB of disk space once installed on your computer’s hard drive.
Before downloading the case study, you should:
- Create a new directory (folder) on your computer. (We recommend a directory [folder] named CB3050).
- Download pharyngi.exe (1.8 MB) to this new directory (folder).
- Run pharyngi.exe to extract the computer-based training (CBT) program files onto the CB3050 directory (folder).
- You can then delete the Pharyngi.exe file.
Your CB3050 directory (folder) should now contain 27 files. To run the CBT, run the start.bat file. The User Guide is available in the text file, guide.txt. An icon is available for this program in the icon file, pharyn.ico.
Note the following additional steps:
- Create your new directory (folder) before you download.
- Be sure to put the file(s) into your new directory (folder) before you begin the extraction (“unpacking”) process.
- Page last reviewed: December 6, 2013
- Page last updated: December 6, 2017
- Content source: