Meaningful Use Community
- Public Health & EHR Meaningful Use Community Space-This community provides distilled information and fosters discussion related to public health issues within the constantly evolving Electronic Health Records [EHR] 'Meaningful Use' domain. Please visit the CDC EHR Meaningful Use Website for more information.
In addition, please also review the information below, regarding the various public health community initiatives and collaborations-
- Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Requirements Task Force- The CDC EHR Meaningful Use (MU)team facilitates and helps to coordinate the activities of the MU Public Health Reporting Requirements Task Force (Task Force), under the leadership of the Task Force Co-Chairs (Ms. Sara Imholte from Arizona Department of Health Services and Ms. Rebecca Johnson from Minnesota Department of Health), along with members from the public health community, including: State, Local, & Tribal Public Health Departments, National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), Joint Public Health Informatics Taskforce (JPHIT), International Society for Disease Surveillance (ISDS), Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE), North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR), American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA), Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), and others. The task force has been in operation since September 2012 and has framed and continues to update the guidance documentation that identifies key concepts, task flows for State and Local Public Health Agencies to support MU public health objectives and associated business processes required for MU. For additional information check the CDC Meaningful use website at: https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/meaningful-use-mu-public-health-ph-reporting-requirements-task-force.html.
- Joint Public Health Forum & CDC Nationwide Webinar Series- The CDC EHR Meaningful Use team and Office of the National coordinator for Health IT (ONC), collaborate to lead these monthly webinars designed to increase collaboration between Public Health Agencies, Public Health associations, Regional Extension Centers and State Health Information Exchanges who are all working towards enabling eligible providers and hospitals achieve meaningful use objectives related to public health. These webinars are very popular and attended by individuals from across the nation. During 2014, the average attendance on these webinars has been 150+. For additional information check the CDC Meaningful use website at: https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/joint-public-health-forum--cdc-nationwide.html. Register for upcoming webinars by clicking the following link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7760836133506932995
- Public Health (PH)–Electronic Health Records (EHR) Vendors Collaboration Initiative- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC), in collaboration with Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) launched a Public Health (PH) - Electronic Health Records (EHR) Vendors Collaboration Initiative. The initial focus of this initiative is on meeting Stage 1 and 2 Meaningful Use public health objectives. Public Health Practitioners and EHR Vendors from across the nation are participating in this initiative. The proposed goals for this initiative include: 1) To establish an open forum for EHR vendors to ask questions of public health and vice-versa. 2) To promote collaboration between EHR vendors and public health. 3) To identify potential barriers to implementation of Meaningful Use PH reporting objectives, on the PH and the Vendor side.4) To collaboratively resolve the identified barriers to implementation of Meaningful Use PH reporting objectives. For additional information check the CDC Meaningful use website at: https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/public-health-ehr-vendors-collaboration-initiative.html. Register for upcoming webinars by clicking the following link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2001682182663290115
- Community of Practice (CoP)- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), in collaboration with Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) have revived the Community of Practice (CoP) focused on leveraging Federal financial participation (FFP), including the 90 percent FFP State administrative match (a.k.a. 90/10) for Medicaid Health Information Technology (HIT) activities. The proposed participants in this CoP will include representatives from public health agencies (e.g., MU Coordinators, HIT Coordinators), state Medicaid offices and national public health associations.
This CoP will provide a collaborative forum for public health agencies (PHAs) to:
- Identify common barriers and challenges to obtaining FFP for public health related HIT activities
- Share successful models and approaches used to obtain FFP
- Establish best practices to identify and coordinate intra-agency initiatives and projects that may qualify for funding
- Develop guidance for HIT Implementation Advance Planning Documents (IAPD)
- Identify key aspects for successful communications and planning with State Medicaid agencies
- Share the latest updates and opportunities for PHAs
Register for upcoming webinar by clicking the following link:
- Page last reviewed: January 13, 2017
- Page last updated: January 13, 2017
- Content source: