Meaningful Use (MU) Public Health (PH) Reporting Requirements Task Force
Membership is by Invitation Only
If you are interested in joining this Task Force, kindly contact us at email@example.com
CMS Centralized Repository for Public Health Readiness
In September 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a data collection form for public health agencies (PHAs) and clinical data registries to be listed in a Centralized Repository of registries. The Repository will assist Eligible Professionals, Eligible Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals find entities that accept electronic public health data to meet measures for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) incentive programs MU (Meaningful Use). Participation in the Centralized Repository is voluntary; however, it is another method for PHAs to communicate with their stakeholders the PHA’s readiness to accept data in 2017. The CMS data collection form is posted at the link below-
The deadline for PHAs to submit the public health readiness data to meet measures for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) incentive programs MU (Meaningful Use) is October 31, 2016.
The Stage 3 Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Requirements Task Force has created guidance on what to post on the PHA website and other considerations for Meaningful Use in 2017.
A copy of the guidance document is posted below
Guidance for Public Health Agencies on the CMS Centralized Repository.pdf
Public Health Agencies (PHAs) Getting ready for Modified Stage 2 (2015-2017), and Stage 3 MU: Guidance is being made available:
This Task Force has started work to develop consensus guidance around the new process requirements for Modified Stage 2 (2015-2017), and Stage 3 Meaningful Use. PHAs preparing for MU now will have access to guidance documents created by this collaborative Task Force to implement the new processes, such as declaration of readiness, registration of intent, on-boarding/ongoing submission and acknowledgement processes. PHAs across the nation will be able to adopt this guidance according to their jurisdictional needs.
The Task Force and its workgroups usually meet on a weekly basis.
The MU PH Reporting Requirements Task Force, is a PH community driven body comprised of representatives from:
- State, Local, and Tribal Public Health Agencies
- American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA)
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)
- International Society of Disease Surveillance (ISDS)
- Joint Public Health Informatics Taskforce (JPHIT)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR)
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- And Others
The Task Force has two workgroups (1) Registration and Onboarding Processes/Systems Workgroup (2) PH Specialized Registries Guidance Workgroup.
Co-chairs for this Task Force are:
Office of Health Information Technology | Health Policy Division
Minnesota Department of Health
Electronic Disease Surveillance Program Manager
Arizona Department of Health Services
Below are the links to view and/or download the guidance document:
- MU2 PHA Readiness Guidance Recommendations Handbook
– Version 2.0
- Modified MU Stage 2 & Stage 3 PHA Readiness Guidance Recommendations Handbook
- Public Health Agency Readiness for Meaningful Use, 2015 – 2018 Version 3.0
- Public Health Agency Readiness for Meaningful Use, 2015 – 2018 Version 3.1 (*New*)
- Functionality Recommendations for Registration of Intent and On-Boarding Processes
Note: This document is referenced in the Stage 2 and Stage 3 Guidance document on page number 18 and 13 of the Meaningful Use Stage 2 Public Health Agency Readiness Guide.
- Tabular Summary Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3 EHR Meaningful Use Public Health Requirments EPs and EHs – 08/22/2016
- Guidance for Public Health Agencies- Meaningful Use in 2017 – 08/18/2016
- Mod_Stage2_Stage3_Table – 08/18/2016
- Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Requirements Task Force Guidance, MACRA Quality Payment Program (MIPS)/Meaningful Use/OPPS (Medicare Hospitals): Three federal rules [PDF – 145 KB] – 03/22/2017
- Page last reviewed: March 22, 2017
- Page last updated: March 22, 2017
- Content Source: