Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Public Health (PH) Interoperability Task Force
Membership is by Invitation Only
If you are interested in joining this Task Force, kindly contact us at email@example.com
The documents/presentations posted on this website and its sub-pages were current at the time it was published or uploaded onto the web.
Federal policy changes frequently so links to the source documents have been provided within the document/presentation for your reference, where available.
The documents/presentations posted on this website were prepared as a service to the public and are not intended to grant rights or impose obligations.
These presentations may contain references or links to statutes, regulations, or other policy materials. The information provided is only intended to be a general summary. It is not intended to take the place of either the written law or regulations.
We encourage readers to review the specific statutes, regulations, and other interpretive materials for a full and accurate statement of their contents.
Public Health Agencies (PHAs) Getting ready for Modified Stage 2 (2015-2017), and Stage 3 MU: Guidance is being made available:
This Task Force has started work to develop consensus guidance around the new process requirements for Modified Stage 2 (2015-2017), and Stage 3 Meaningful Use. PHAs preparing for MU now will have access to guidance documents created by this collaborative Task Force to implement the new processes, such as declaration of readiness, registration of intent, on-boarding/ongoing submission and acknowledgement processes. PHAs across the nation will be able to adopt this guidance according to their jurisdictional needs.
The Task Force and its workgroups usually meet on a weekly basis.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Public Health (PH) Interoperability Task Force, is a PH community driven body comprised of representatives from:
- State, Local, and Tribal Public Health Agencies
- American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA)
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)
- International Society of Disease Surveillance (ISDS)
- Joint Public Health Informatics Taskforce (JPHIT)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR)
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- And Others
The Task Force has two workgroups (1) Registration and Onboarding Processes/Systems Workgroup (2) PH Specialized Registries Guidance Workgroup.
Co-chairs for this Task Force are:
Electronic Disease Surveillance Program Manager
Arizona Department of Health Services
Health Information Technology Policy Director
Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Promoting Interoperability For Public Health Reporting Poster [PDF – 63 KB] – 09/21/2018
- MU2 PHA Readiness Guidance Recommendations Handbook
-Version 2.0 [PDF – 1.7 MB]
- Modified MU Stage 2 & Stage 3 PHA Readiness Guidance Recommendations Handbook
- Functionality Recommendations for Registration of Intent and On-Boarding Processes [PDF – 1.65 MB]
Note: This document is referenced in the Stage 2 and Stage 3 Guidance document on page number 18 and 13 of the Meaningful Use Stage 2 Public Health Agency Readiness Guide.
- Guidance for Public Health Agencies- Meaningful Use in 2017 [PDF – 1.6 MB] – 08/18/2016
- Summary Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3 EHR Meaningful Use, Public Health Requirements for EPs, and EH’s. [PDF – 80 KB] – 08/18/2016
- Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Requirements Task Force Guidance, MACRA Quality Payment Program (MIPS)/Meaningful Use/OPPS (Medicare Hospitals): Three federal rules [PDF – 145 KB] – 03/22/2017
- Guidance for Public Health Agencies on CMS Centralized Repository [PDF – 480 KB] – 03/30/2017
- MACRA Quality Payment Program (MIPS)/Meaningful Use/OPPS (Medicare Hospitals): Three federal rules. Version 1.0 (*New*) [PDF – 699 KB]
- Decommissioning a Registry Worksheet [PDF – 102 KB]
Task Force Comments
Comments on Proposed Rule-CMS-1693-P [PDF – 37 KB]
- Page last reviewed: November 14, 2017
- Page last updated: September 24, 2018
- Content source: