Meaningful Use is about how technology helps humanity
About Meaningful Use
The American Reinvestment & Recovery Act (ARRA) was enacted on February 17, 2009. ARRA includes many measures to modernize our nation’s infrastructure, one of which is the “Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act”. The HITECH Act supports the concept of Electronic Health Records
In The Spotlight
- We have discontinued the use of GoToWebinar and request you to manually delete ALL meeting invites containing the GoToWebinar registration/joining information on your calendar.
- Now we will be using ReadyTalk as the presentation tool. Please watch this space for further updates regarding the Ready Talk registration link and other details.
If you have questions or need more information, kindly send an email to email@example.com
In-Focus (Click for more)
National Meaningful Use Public Health Focused Forums
The following forums foster collaboration among public health jurisdictions, EHR vendors, national public health organizations, and other stakeholders to support the widespread adoption of EHRs for meaningful use and to improve population and public health. For more information on these initiatives and recurring webinars use the links provided.
Joint Public Health Forum and CDC Nationwide Webinar
For additional information check at Joint Public Health Forum & CDC Nationwide(https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/joint-public-health-forum–cdc-nationwide.html)
Public Health (PH) – Electronic Health Records (EHR) Vendors Collaboration Initiative
For additional information check at: (Public Health – EHR Vendors Collaboration Initiative (https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/public-health-ehr-vendors-collaboration-initiative.html).
- Meaningful Use (MU) Public Health (PH) Reporting Requirements Task Force– Has completed work to develop consensus guidance around the new process requirements for Modified Stage 2 (2015-2017), and Stage 3 Meaningful Use. PHAs preparing for MU now will have access to guidance documents created by this collaborative Task Force to implement the new processes, such as declaration of readiness, registration of intent, on-boarding/ongoing submission and acknowledgement processes. PHAs across the nation will be able to adopt this guidance according to their jurisdictional needs. For information this task force and access to the guidance documents , please visit https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/meaningful-use-mu-public-health-ph-reporting-requirements-task-force.html.
- Community of Practice (CoP) for Leveraging Federal Financial Participation (FFP) for Medicaid Health Information Technology (HIT) Activities For additional information check at (Community of Practice https://www.cdc.gov/ehrmeaningfuluse/cop.html)
Meaningful Use Public Health Technical Assistance Team
The CDC and ONC have a team to help resolve issues and answer questions related to the public health objectives in Meaningful Use. To request assistance regarding issue or to submit question, please email Meaningfuluse@cdc.gov with “Request for Technical Assistance” in the Subject line.
The following public health objective or measures are included for Stage 1, Stage 2, Modified Stage 2, and Stage 3 of the Electronic Health Records (EHRs) Meaningful Use(MU). For specific information, guidance, and instructions on reporting data to public health for these objectives or measures, eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals (EHs), and critical access hospitals (CAHs) need to contact their state or local public health agency, immunization registry, or cancer registry.
While the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is not a direct recipient of data from healthcare providers, the Eligible Professionals (EPs), the Eligible Hospitals (EHs), or Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) for the Electronic Health Records (EHRs) Meaningful Use (MU) Medicare and Medicaid Incentive Programs, there is a new option per the final rule on modifications to Meaningful Use in 2015 through 2017; National Health Care Surveys can be used to meet the specialized registry public health reporting objective. EPs, EHs or CAHs can now use submission of data to CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) for the National Health Care Surveys as one of the measures to meet their public health objectives requirements under the Electronic Health Record Incentive Programs.
Stages. Click a Stage for more information.
Stage 3 MU and Mod Rule (2015-2017) Resources
Stage 2 Meaningful Use Resources
Summary of Public Health Objectives in Stage 2 Meaningful Use Final Rules
CMS Stage 2 Final Rule
Stage 2 Overview Tipsheet [680 KB]
Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table for Eligible Professionals [256 KB]
Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs [243 KB]
Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet [285 KB]
2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet [588 KB]
ONC 2014 Edition Final Rule
Stage 2 Meaningful Use Fact Sheets
Stage 1 Meaningful Use Fact Sheets
- Page last reviewed: June 26, 2018
- Page last updated: September 24, 2018
- Content source: