Reports and Publications
- Antibiotic Resistant Threats in the United States, 2019 (2019)
- Vital Signs Report: Staph infections can kill. More prevention in healthcare & communities needed.(2019)
- Antibiotic Stewardship Report (2017)
- National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases Accomplishments (2017)
- Antibiotic Resistant Threats in the United States, 2013 (2013)
- Additional Vital Signs Reports:
- Initiatives for Addressing Antimicrobial Resistance in the Environment are two corresponding reports providing an overview of the current evidence base and ongoing knowledge gaps around antibiotic resistant in the environment (e.g., water, soil) and the potential effect on human health.
- A Public Health Perspective on Antimicrobial Resistance Diagnostics: Meeting Summary and Opportunities to Address Challenges pdf icon[PDF – 17 pages] (2016)
- Transatlantic Taskforce on Antimicrobial Resistance resources
- Antibiotic Resistance Investment Map
- Antibiotic Resistance & Patient Safety Portal
- NARMS Now: Human Data (food-borne safety data)
The information contained in these documents, while accurate at the time of release, might not be the most current information available.
Interagency Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance (ITFAR) Annual Reports and Action Plans
ITFAR was created in 1999 to coordinate the activities of federal agencies in addressing antibiotic resistance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the archived 2001-2006 annual ITFAR reports.
- 2012 Action Plan pdf icon[PDF – 40 pages]
- 2011 Action Plan [PDF – 34 pages] pdf icon
- 2011 Progress Towards Implementation of a Public Health Action Plan [PDF – 69 pages] pdf icon
- 2009-2010 Progress Towards Implementation of a Public Health Action Plan pdf icon[PDF – 54 pages]
- Progress through 2008, Implementation of a Public Health Action Plan pdf icon[PDF – 134 pages]
- 2007 Annual Report, Released June 2008 pdf icon[PDF – 116 pages]
- 2001 Action Plan pdf icon[PDF – 46 pages]