Substance use disorders, like opioid use disorder (OUD), have significantly impacted communities across America. When we act early, we can prevent the use and misuse of drugs.
Learn guiding principles and effective strategies for preventing opioid overdose in communities.
The COVID-19 pandemic introduces new risks and challenges to those impacted by substance use disorder.
You and your doctor both play a role in finding the best way to manage your pain.
- Life-Saving Naloxone for Pharmacies | August 2019
- Opioid Overdoses Treated in Emergency Departments – Identify Opportunities for Action | March 2018
- Opioid Prescribing—Where You Live Matters | July 2017
- Today’s Heroin Epidemic – More People at Risk, Multiple Drugs Abused | July 2015
- Opioid Painkiller Prescribing – Where You Live Makes a Difference | July 2014
- Prescription Painkiller Overdoses – A Growing Epidemic, Especially Among Women | July 2013
- Use and Abuse of Methadone as a Painkiller | July 2012
- Prescription Painkiller Overdoses in the US | November 2011