Guideline Resources: Clinical Tools
The Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain is intended to help providers determine when and how to prescribe opioids for chronic pain, and also how to use nonopioid and nonpharmacologic options that are effective with less risk. The clinical tools below have been developed with you, the primary care provider, in mind, to help you carry out the complex task of balancing pain management with the potential risks that prescription opioids pose.
Talk with patients about their pain management options and risks of opioid treatments using Conversation Starters.
- Information for Providers
- Guideline Resources
- Information for Patients
- Helpful Materials for Patients
- Shareable Graphics
- Training for Providers
- Guideline Resources: Posters
- Guideline Resources: Videos
- Guideline Resources: CDC Opioid Guideline Mobile App
- Additional Resources from the Department of Health & Human Services