Tropical Storm Barry
Be prepared before the storm hits. Remember that a hurricane could cut off your power and water supply. Driving might not be possible after the storm— your car might be damaged, and roads may be flooded or blocked.
- Prepare any supplies you may need to keep your loved ones safe and healthy before and after the storm.
- Listen to local authorities regarding evacuations. Don’t return home until local officials notify you it’s safe to do so.
- Don’t drive through flooded areas and standing water. Turn around, don’t drown.
- Check your carbon monoxide Place your generator and any gasoline-powered engine outside at least 20 feet from any window, door, or vent.
- Share health and safety information with friends and family using our multimedia toolkit: How to Help Loved Ones in Hurricane-Affected Areas.
Page last reviewed: July 12, 2019