Join the Movement! Act Now!
Be part of the movement to prevent type 2 diabetes! Here are a few simple steps you can take.
To help your employees prevent type 2 diabetes and manage your costs:
- Include prediabetes screening and testing in annual biometrics screenings.
- Refer eligible individuals to a CDC-recognized diabetes prevention lifestyle change program or encourage them to speak with their doctor about enrolling in the program.
- Promote awareness of prediabetes to employees and their families.
- Encourage senior leadership to get screened themselves and demonstrate a commitment to diabetes prevention.
- Work with insurance carriers to include CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs as a covered benefit for all employees.
- Locate available programs at Find a Program.
- Offer a lifestyle change program at your worksite. Visit Implement a Lifestyle Change Program to learn more.
To help prevent type 2 diabetes and add value to your plans:
- Include prediabetes screening and testing in your preventive care offerings.
- Promote awareness of prediabetes through communication to members.
- Contact a local organization offering the program to learn how CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs fit within value-based plans.
- Work to expand coverage of CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs to additional states and plans within your network.
- Page last reviewed: January 14, 2016
- Page last updated: January 14, 2016
- Content source:
- Maintained By: