10 Things You Can Do for National Diabetes Month
- Spread the word about diabetes and prediabetes.
- 84 million American adults have prediabetes, and only 12% know they have it.
- 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, but 1 out of 4 don’t know it.
- Find the most recent diabetes and prediabetes statistics in the 2017 National Diabetes Statistics Report.
- Know your risk: take the prediabetes risk quiz on the right. Then learn more about preventing diabetes and its complications.
- Ready to make a lifestyle change to cut your risk of diabetes? Check out the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Share our infographics on your website and through social media.
- Follow us on Twitter @CDCDiabetes and share our tweets.
- Like and share the CDC Diabetes Facebook page, and stay up to date on everything diabetes.
- Read about and share what CDC is doing to prevent and control the diabetes epidemic in the United States.
- Make healthy eating part of your routine. Here are a few tips to help you when eating at home and away from home.
- Sign up for email updates from CDC about prediabetes and diabetes.
Read more about taking charge of your diabetes during National Diabetes Month.
National Diabetes Month Buttons and Info Cards
Use info cards to support your diabetes prevention and management efforts in your social media communities. Visit our diabetes infographics section for more visual diabetes information.
- Page last reviewed: May 16, 2018
- Page last updated: May 16, 2018
- Content source:
- Maintained By:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation