10 Things You Can Do for National Diabetes Month
- Spread the word about diabetes and prediabetes.
- More 86 million American adults have prediabetes, and only 10% know they have it.
- More than 29 million people in the United States have diabetes, but 1 out of 4 don’t know it.
- Find the most recent diabetes and prediabetes statistics in the 2014 National Diabetes Statistics Report.
- Know your risk: take the prediabetes risk quiz on the right. Then learn more about preventing diabetes and its complications.
- Ready to make a lifestyle change to cut your risk of diabetes? Check out the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Share our infographics on your website and through social media.
- Follow us on Twitter @CDCDiabetes and share our tweets.
- Like and share the CDC Diabetes Facebook page, and stay up to date on everything diabetes.
- Read about and share what CDC is doing to prevent and control the diabetes epidemic in the United States.
- Make healthy eating part of your routine using these tips, easy recipes, and more.
- Sign up for email updates from CDC about prediabetes and diabetes.
Read more about taking charge of your diabetes during National Diabetes Month.
National Diabetes Month Buttons and Info Cards
Use info cards to support your diabetes prevention and management efforts in your social media communities. View more...
Visit our diabetes infographics section for more visual diabetes information.
- Page last reviewed: November 7, 2014
- Page last updated: November 5, 2015
- Content source:
- Maintained By:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation