Diabetes State Burden Toolkit
Find Out How Diabetes Affects People in Your State!
CDC developed the new Diabetes State Burden Toolkit to be the go-to website for state-specific numbers.
Do you want to know how many people in your state have diabetes? How many men versus women are affected by diabetes complications, like high blood pressure and stroke? What is the total cost of diabetes in your state? The answer to these and many other questions are found in the Diabetes State Burden Toolkit. Find out your state’s numbers in the following areas.
- Number of diagnosed cases by sex and age
- For people with diabetes, number of cases (self-reported data, hospitalization data, and Medicare data) of:
- Heart disease
- Kidney failure
- Amputations of toes, feet, and legs
- Total medical costs by service type and payment source
- Cost of or lost productivity because of:
- Work absenteeism
- Working while ill
- Inability to perform household functions
- Diabetes-related disability
- Diabetes-related death
- Deaths, including cause-specific death, if available
- Healthy life years lost
- Qualify-adjusted life years lost
- Page last reviewed: August 29, 2017
- Page last updated: August 29, 2017
- Content source:
- Maintained By:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation