Managing Blood Sugar
- Presentation Guide [PDF - 164 KB]
- PowerPoint Slides with Talking Points [PPT - 9.3 MB]
- Paper, pens and pencils
- Beverages and snacks
- Know Your Blood Sugar Numbers [PDF - 195 KB]
- Taking Charge of Your Diabetes: Having Problems With Low Blood Glucose [PDF - 100 KB]
- Taking Charge of Your Diabetes: Having Problems With High Blood Glucose [PDF -164 KB]
- Taking Charge of Your Diabetes: Taking Care of Yourself When You’re Sick [PDF - 71 KB]
- Meter Lab: Invite a local diabetes nurse educator or pharmacist to demonstrate the proper use and maintenance of blood sugar meters. Focus on meters covered by your insurance plan. Show actual examples of 15 grams of carbohydrates needed to treat a hypoglycemic episode (4 oz. of juice, etc.).
Additional Resource — Optional, but strongly consider providing in your session
- 4 Steps to Manage Your Diabetes for Life [PDF - 1.2 MB]: Comprehensive guide to healthy living with diabetes.
- Page last reviewed: March 6, 2017
- Page last updated: March 6, 2017
- Content source:
- Maintained By: