The Coverdell program partners with national organizations to improve stroke care at the state and local levels.
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA)
PCNASP partners with the AHA/ASA and its Get With the Guidelines®-Stroke inpatient quality improvement program.
Through this relationship the AHA/ASA and CDC work with state health departments to:
- Expand outreach and training of public health professionals and stroke care professionals.
- Provide technical assistance to state health departments and hospitals on data analysis and interpretation of quality improvement and quality data (including Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Patient Management Tool).
- Fund state health departments to implement state-based stroke quality improvement programs, and many other state and national level acute stroke quality improvement activities.
Joint Commission and American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA)
In 2007, the Coverdell program partnered with the Joint Commission’s Primary Stroke Center Certification and the American Heart/Stroke Association’s Get With the Guidelines-Stroke program to release stroke performance measures. This effort helped reduce duplication, increase collaboration, and encouraged hospitals to participate in one or more of the programs. The National Quality Forum endorsed eight of these performance measures in 2008.
- Page last reviewed: December 12, 2016
- Page last updated: December 12, 2016
- Content source: