DHDSP Funded Programs Maps Description
Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention (DHDSP) Programs and Cross-Cutting Chronic Disease Initiatives
Fiscal Year 2019
A map of the United States showing DHDSP programs and initiatives in all 50 states. These include:
- State Prevention and Management Programs. In fiscal year 2019, DHDSP funded statewide initiatives in all 50 state and the District of Columbia to prevent, manage, and reduce risk factors associated with heart disease and stroke.
- Innovative State and Local Strategies Programs in 18 states and 6 local health departments. These states include Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington State, and Wisconsin. The 6 city health departments were located in California (3), Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Good Health and Wellness in Indian Country Tribes and Tribal Organizations (12 tribes and 11 tribal organizations) in Alaska (1), Arizona (3), California (2), Idaho (1), Kansas (1), Michigan (1), Montana (2), Nebraska (1), New Mexico (2), Oklahoma (1), Oregon (2), South Carolina (1), South Dakota (2), Tennessee (1), and Wisconsin (2).
- Twelve Good Health and Wellness in Indian Country Tribal Epidemiology Centers located in Alaska, Arizona (2), California, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington State, and Wisconsin.
- Nine Coverdell Stroke Program States, including California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Washington State, and Wisconsin.
- Sodium Reduction in Communities (2 states, 5 local health departments, and 1 academic institution) in Arkansas, California, Indiana, New York (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington State.
- The Mississippi Delta Health Collaborative in Mississippi.
Below the map are the logos of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.