Sodium Reduction Policy Resources
CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention’s (DHDSP) Applied Research and Translation (ART) team has developed the following tools that promote sodium reduction:
Sodium Reduction: State and Local Policy Interventions by Evidence Level
This accompanying webpage summarizes the six state and local policy interventions for sodium reduction. The interventions are organized by their current evidence level (“best,” “promising quality,” “promising impact”, or “emerging”).
The Policy Evidence Assessment Report (PEAR): What is the Evidence for State and Local Laws Addressing Sodium Reduction Among the US Adult Population?
This report assesses the strength and quality of the best available evidence for six policy interventions to reduce sodium consumption among the adult population (aged 18 or older).
Related Sodium Policy Resources
Find related policy resources from CDC and other organizations.
- Sodium Q&A for Professionals pdf icon[PDF – 282 KB]
- How to Reduce Sodium
- Sodium Reduction in Communities Program (SRCP)
- Healthy Food Service Guidelines
- CDC Sodium Reduction Initiative
Data and Maps
- Heart Disease Statistics and Maps
- Surveillance and Evaluation Data Resource Guide for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Programs pdf icon[PDF – 682 KB]
Resources from Other Organizations