Community Pharmacies Policy Resources
Pharmacists play a crucial role in reducing the risk for heart disease and stroke in the United States. Pharmacists can use these resources and tools to help improve patient care. Public health professionals can learn about effective strategies to partner with pharmacists.
Learn more about evidence related to community pharmacy policies from CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention’s (DHDSP) Applied Research and Translation (ART) team.
State Law Analyses and Resources
State Law Fact Sheets describe the scientific evidence in support of legal interventions and describe the extent to which states have enacted such laws. Case studies determine how a policy intervention was implemented, identify barriers and facilitators to implementation, and compare implementation results across jurisdictions.
Related Community Pharmacy Resources
Find related policy resources from CDC and other organizations.
- Pharmacist-Provided Medication Therapy Management in Medicaid pdf icon[PDF – 395 KB]
- Community Guide: Cardiovascular Disease: Team-Based Care to Improve Blood Pressure Controlexternal icon
- Best Practices Guide for CVD Prevention
- CDC Pharmacy Resources
Data and Maps
- Heart Disease Statistics and Maps
- Stroke Maps and Data Sources
- Surveillance and Evaluation Data Resource Guide for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Programs pdf icon[PDF – 682 KB]
Resources from Other Organizations