To provide public health leadership to improve cardiovascular health for all, reduce the burden, and eliminate disparities associated with heart disease and stroke.
Heart disease and stroke are leading causes of death in the United States. They are the principal causes of cardiovascular disease death and are also major causes of disability.
- Prevent risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
- Increase detection and treatment of risk factors.
- Increase early detection and treatment of heart disease and stroke.
- Decrease recurrences of heart attacks and strokes.
- Foster a skilled and engaged public health workforce.