Public Policy Arenas 2 and 3
|< Back||Next >|
Arenas of public policy affecting CHWs include:
- Workforce development
- Occupational definitions and standards
- Standards for research and evaluation
- Sustainable funding for CHW positions
Welcome to Session 4. We will be looking at the second and third public policy arenas: occupational definitions and standards for research and evaluation of CHW programs and services.
Any conversation about recognizing the CHW as a regular occupation is likely to turn eventually to setting occupational standards. We begin this session by looking at key issues within this policy arena:
- What influences are behind the drive for credentialing?
- What influences oppose credentialing?
- Where is credentialing in place? Where is it being considered?
- What are the mechanics of credentialing for CHWs?
- What are some features of systems currently in place?
- What is the impact of credentialing?
- Page last reviewed: February 1, 2016
- Page last updated: February 1, 2016
- Content source: