1. Brackbill Y, Berendes HW. Dangers of diethylstilbestrol: review of a 1953 paper. Lancet 1978;2:520.
2. Dieckmann WJ, Davis ME, Rynkiewicz LM, Pottinger RE. Does the administration of diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy have therapeutic value? Am J Obstet Gynecol 1953;66(5):1062-81.
3. Dodds EC, Goldberg L, Larson W, Robinson R. Estrogenic activity of certain synthetic compounds. Nature 1938;141:247.
4. Fergeson JH. Effect of stilbestrol on pregnancy compared to the effect of a placebo. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1953;65:592-601.
5. Guisti RM, Iwamoto K, Hatch EE. Diethylstilbestrol revisited: a review of the long-term health effects. Ann Intern Med 1995;122:778-88.
6. Heinonen OP. Diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy: frequency of exposure and usage patterns. Cancer 1973;31:573-7.
7. Johnston GA Jr. Health risks and effects of prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol. J Fam Pract 1983 Jan;16(1):51-4.
8. Kinlen LJ, Badaracco MA, Moffett J, Vessey MP. A survey of the use of estrogens during pregnancy in the United Kingdom and of the genito-urinary cancer mortality and incidence rates in young people in England and Wales. J Obstet Gynaecol Br Commonwlth 1974;81:849-55.
9. Noller KL, Fisch CR. Diethylstilbestrol usage: its interesting past, important present, and questionable future. Med Clin North Am 1974;58(4):739-810.
10. Reid DD. The use of hormones in the management of pregnancy in diabetics: report to the Medical Research Council by their Conference on Diabetes and Pregnancy. Lancet 1955;6895:833-6.
11. Sharp GB, Cole P, Anderson D, Herbst AL. Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the lower genital tract. Correlation of mother's recall of diethylstilbestrol history with obstetrical records. Cancer 1990;66(10):2215-20.
12. Smith OW. Diethylstilbestrol in the prevention and treatment of complications of pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1948;56:821-34.
13. Smith OW, Smith G, Van S. The influence of diethylstilbestrol on the progress and outcome of pregnancy based on a comparison of treated with untreated primigravidas. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1949;58:994.
14. Swyer GIM, Law RG. An evaluation of the prophylactic ante-natal use of stilbestrol: preliminary report. J Endocrinol 1954;10:6.
15. Tilley BC, Barnes AB, Bergstralh E, Labarthe D, Noller KL, Colton T. A comparison of pregnancy history recall and medical records: Implications or retrospective studies. Amer J Epidemiol 1985;121(2):269-81.
16. Trimble EL. Update on diethylstilbestrol. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2001;56(4):187-9.
Back to Top