CDC Health Information Innovation Consortium (CHIIC) October 25, 2017 Forum
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 10:00am – 11:00am ET
CDC Century Center Building 2500, Room 1201 + webinar
- Introduction – Brian Lee – 5 minutes
- Precision Public Health at the Point of Care and for Patients at Home – Dr. Kenneth D. MandlExternal, Donald A.B. Lindberg Professor of Pediatrics & Professor of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School. – 40 minutes – Dr. Mandl shares his experience in using informatics to digest, distill and disseminate vast streams of public health data tailored to individual health needs.
- The health IT landscape is rapidly changing and converging toward standardized ways of sharing information. This transformation is fostering innovations that are making it easier for CDC and our public health partners to share insights with healthcare providers at the point they are providing care to patients.
- Dr. Mandl will talk about an-“iPhone” style app platform for healthcare that has been developed by Harvard University as part of the SMART-on-FHIR projectCdc-pdfExternal.
- This presentation will touch every part of the public health discovery process—from IT, to disease detection and health promotion, to policy and communication.
- See examples in the SMART IT app gallery.
- Discussion & Suggestions – 15 minutes
Related CHIIC presentations:
- Create and Pilot a FHIR Vocabulary Server
- A SMART App To Track And Report Stroke Cases To Reduce Readmissions https://www.cdc.gov/ddphss/chiic/projects/2016/awarded/a-smart-app.html
- Public Health on FHIR—Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (PDF)
Dial-in number: 1-800-593-0825
Participant code: 6984265##
Note: Please enter your full name and organization
First Time Users
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before
Test your connection: https://virtualsepd.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htmExternal
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.htmlExternal